Try this:

define tapetype AIT-2 {
   comment "SDX-500C"
   length 54538 mbytes
   filemark 1541 kbytes
   speed 2920 kps
}

It seems a little off but works.

Make sure compression is turned off on the drive or you will
only get about 44GB on a tape.

Frank

--On Thursday, October 31, 2002 12:00:59 -0800 Kathy Ange <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have searched the FAQ and the archives but I can
find a typetype for a Sony SDX-500C which is an AIT-2
tape drive.  If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

=====
Kathy Ange
Virginia Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services
Information Systems
(804) 786-1340 Voice Mail
(804) 786-2110 FAX