On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 05:23:59PM -0500, Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Nov 2002 at 5:08pm, Galen Johnson wrote
>
> > Is it proper for amanda to not see the indexes for disks that have been
> > removed from the disklist but are still on the current tapes?  I
> > recently stopped backing up a server to keep from getting a bunch of
> > failed messages in my reports.  Now when I run amrecover and setdisk to
> > that backup it tells me that there are no indexes and yet I can look in
> > my var/daily/index/hostname directory and the indexes are there.
> >
> > Is this normal?
>
> I believe that amrecover does the equivalent of a "amadmin CONFIG find
> $HOST $DISK" to look for disks to recover, and this relies on the
> disklist.  So, yes it's normal.
>
> You can either put the entry temporarily back in the disklist or get the
> stuff via amrestore.

Joshua is right.
I comment the disklist entry when I remove a disk.
I uncomment it if I need to restore it.

But I don't like that.

A solution could be to add a new option in a dumptype
     active [yes|no]
     alive  [yes|no]
     backup [yes|no]
     dobackup [yes|no]

That say if amanda must do backup of this disk, but the disk will
be known to all other amanda command.

You will need to change the dumptype of a disk when it is removed.

Another solution could be to add it directly in the disklist file, as
a prefix before the hostname.

DEAD host.dead.com /disk/dead ....

What do you think should be the best solution?

Jean-Louis
--
Jean-Louis Martineau             email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Departement IRO, Universite de Montreal