On Monday 18 November 2002 04:34, jordivi wrote:
>Hi all
>
>       My weekly off-site fulldumps dont fit in a single tape. So
>I set up a manual changer but I realised that it cannot run from
>a cronjob, it needs to be interactive. I wonder if someone has
> tweaked the script to set this to be non interactive.
>
>Regards,
>       Jordi

That sounds as if you'll need to use chg-scsi, and set "runtapes" to
more than 1 in amanda.conf.  However, be aware that if amanda hit
EOT and changes to the next tape, the file currently being written
will be restarted from the top on the next tape, and since it
cannot span a single filesystem write across more than 1 tape,
thats a rather powerfull incentive to break the disklist up into
1/4 tape or less sized pieces.

That won't work if the tape that hits EOT is the last one in the
magazine unless the ones in front of it have been changed out after
being used.  While I haven't personally verified it, I believe
amanda will search the magazine for the next tape in the sequence.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M