On Tuesday 19 November 2002 03:59, Charles Sprickman wrote:
>On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Martinez, Michael - CSREES/ISTM wrote:
>> As far as I know, unfortunately there is no way to get around
>> this dilemma becuase Amanda is not capable of appending tapes.
>
>Ouch...  Any other suggestions or tips to get around this?  Any
> other s/w anyone would like to recommend?

Disclaimer:  I've never done it, but I've seen it discussed here.

You might consider using 2 configurations, one that uses a disk
file, and one that uses tape, then include the diskfile area in the
tape disklist only.

Run the tapeless version 6 days, and run both (tapeless first) with
a script on the 7nth.  Unforch, if you lose the disk before it gets
to tape, its lost, & that is scarey...

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M