On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Paul Bijnens wrote:

> For the record, I also had that problem with errors like "Bad file
> number" and "dgram_recv: timeout" just after I upgraded to 2.4.3.  I had
> the problem for 3 consecutive nights, each night on different hosts.
> I then recompiled and reinstalled the Amanda software with
> "--with-debugging".  Strange enough, since then, the problem never
> happened again.  Currently I'm still running with debugging.

I haven't upgraded since I got the thing running (for fear it would stop
working), so I don't think that's really the issue. Also, this same
compile is being used on a completely seperate backup system that seems to
work more or less flawlessly (same version of tar and everything).

Justin Clayton
VLSI Research System Administrator
University of Washington
Electrical Engineering Dept