On Monday 29 December 2003 12:25, Andrew Hall wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>It has been about two years since I actively used amanda, and I was
>wondering if amanda can append dumps to an active tape yet?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Drew

The short answer is no, its not even allowed in the design.

The longer answer is that someone posted a patchkit that supposedly
does do that, sometime early last week IIRC.

I'm personally a bit suspicious of it.  And its been almost
universally ignored or or openly panned.  I did myself, for a
profound lack of docs in the patch.

Has anyone actually tried it?  If so, speak up and testify please.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD [EMAIL PROTECTED] 320M