Hi,

I'm currently having problems restoring files from my amanda backup system.  I am able
to narrow the problem down to my AIT-2 tape drive.  If I restore files from amanda
backups that are still on the holding disk, I have a successful restore.  If I restore
files from any of the AIT-2 tapes, I get tar errors.

So I have a few questions:

1) When amanda uses tar to backup the data, what is the blocking size that amanda uses?

2) If anyone here is using an sdx-500 AIT-2 tape drive, what are your dip switches set
to? (I'm wondering if I need to enable variable block sizing on the drive).

3) Has anyone else using an AIT tape drive had similar problems?

Thanks

-Rob