* Stephen Carville <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2004-05-02 10:11]:

> What does a CD-R cost these days?  About 35-40 cents apiece?

The price is not the biggest issue here.  I have a plastic tub full of
hundreds of CDRs that were free after MIR.  What I don't like is:

1) the effort of swapping the media daily (automation should reduce
   interaction) and the constant labelling,

2) the physical management.. having 350 CDs/year taking up physical
   space, and having more CDs to have to handle and account for in the
   event of recovery,

3) making unnecessary contributions to my local landfill.