--On Wednesday, July 07, 2004 16:15:34 -0500 Amanda Listserv account <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've recently started trying to get amanda installed (the newest version as of a
> week ago) on a few of my linux boxes here in the shop and I've come across two
> problems.  The the server install went smoothly on my Debian Sarge install, as well
> as a
> client install on 3 Fedora boxes.  However, when I did a client install on two of my
> other debian boxes, amcheck returns that it cannot find DUMP on those machines.
> I've checked all of the following: 1) Dump is installed
> 2) The amanda user has priveleges to use dump
> 3) Permissions are exactly the same as on my my working amanda server as well as the
> working fedora boxes.

Does dump have the same path on all the boxes?  Check the debug files
(normally in /tmp/amanda) on the non-working client, it should give you
the full path for the dump it is trying to run and possibly a more complete
error message.

Frank

--
Frank Smith                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sr. Systems Administrator                       Voice: 512-374-4673