Hi,

I'm sure the tape was loaded because I checked it by running amtape and the
files are restored when I comment out the tapedev "0". Please have a look at
the amidxtaped* file attached. It seems that parameter for the tape device argv
[7]="0" is not what amrecover wants.
Thank you very much,

Co

Quoting Eric Schnoebelen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
> - I've got the following error when I run amrecover:
> -
> - ---------
> - amrecover> add dumpdates
> - Added /etc/dumpdates
> - amrecover> extract
> -
> - Extracting files using tape drive 0 on host typha.nmsu.edu.
> - The following tapes are needed: Biology-1
> -
> - Restoring files into directory /home/cngo
> - Continue [?/Y/n]? y
> -
> - Extracting files using tape drive 0 on host typha.nmsu.edu.
> - Load tape Biology-1 now
> - Continue [?/Y/n/s/t]? y
> - EOF, check amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug file on typha.nmsu.edu.
> - amrecover: short block 0 bytes
> - UNKNOWN file
> - amrecover: Can't read file header
> - extract_list - child returned non-zero status: 1
> - Continue [?/Y/n/r]? y
> - amrecover>
> - ------------
>
>       What are the contents of amidxtaped.<timestamp>.debug?
> That'd probably be most enlightening.
>
>       As a guess, I'd say that the tape `Biology-1' wasn't
> loaded when amidxtaped went to try and read from it.  Did you
> see (hear?) the robot load the tape at the after you answered
> yes, and before the above error message occurred.
>
> - That error disappears if I comment out the 'tapedev "0" 'in my amanda.conf
>
> - file
>
>       The error disappears, but are you able to restore the
> file?
>
> --
> Eric Schnoebelen              [EMAIL PROTECTED]               http://www.cirr.com
> If bankers can count, how come they have eight windows and only four
> tellers?

amidxtaped: debug 1 pid 3582 ruid 5555 euid 5555: start at Thu Jul  8 08:13:53 2004
amidxtaped: version 2.4.4p2
amidxtaped: time 0.190: > SECURITY USER root
amidxtaped: time 0.190: bsd security: remote host typha.nmsu.edu user root local user
backup
amidxtaped: time 0.190: amandahosts security check passed
amidxtaped: time 0.190: > CONFIG=backup
amidxtaped: time 0.190: > LABEL=Biology-1
amidxtaped: time 0.190: > FSF=1
amidxtaped: time 0.190: > HEADER
amidxtaped: time 0.190: > DEVICE=0
amidxtaped: time 0.190: > HOST=^typha$
amidxtaped: time 0.190: > DISK=^sd0a$
amidxtaped: time 0.190: > DATESTAMP=20040707
amidxtaped: time 0.191: > END
amidxtaped: time 0.192: amrestore_nargs=0
amidxtaped: time 0.192: Ready to execv amrestore with:
path = /usr/pkg/sbin/amrestore
argv[0] = "amrestore"
argv[1] = "-p"
argv[2] = "-h"
argv[3] = "-l"
argv[4] = "Biology-1"
argv[5] = "-f"
argv[6] = "1"
argv[7] = "0"
argv[8] = "^typha$"
argv[9] = "^sd0a$"
argv[10] = "20040707"
amrestore: could not stat 0: No such file or directory
amidxtaped: time 0.195: amrestore terminated normally with status: 2
amidxtaped: could not stat 0: No such file or directory
amidxtaped: time 0.195: could not stat 0: No such file or directory
amidxtaped: time 0.195: pid 3582 finish time Thu Jul  8 08:13:53 2004