A long time ago I ran tapetype.
I left it with the results I received and everything worked fine for the past couple of years until today.

The problem is that today I hit the 20Gb limit for data that I want to back up.
tapetype did not take into account the HW compression of the drive.

I'm suppose to be able to get 40Gb on a tape. They are DLT IV tapes.
So I need to know what do I have to do, to get amanda to recognize that the tape drive uses hardware compression.

Any links to the docs that might explain this would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike