Yes, I have submitted an aic79xx bug report myself on 2.6.14 for another machine that is running U320 MB/s.

I checked over on the x86-64 web site mentioned here, and it does not look very active.  If I report this bug to that forum, will action take place ?

On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 12:28 +0100, Alexander Jolk wrote:
James D. Freels wrote:
> I am also using the aic7xxx driver also in a vanilla 2.6.14.2 kernel.

You might also want to tell linux-scsi about this problem, I recall
there's been a few aic7xxx related problems lately.

Alex

--
James D. Freels, Ph.D.
Oak Ridge National Laboratory