Hello Karel,
Hello list,

FYI: I'm happily running amanda-2.5.0 on Mac OS X 10.4.6. No compile
problems whatsoever and as a special treat, Apple has updated their UNIX
utilities in 10.4 to properly work with HFS+ and resource forks. So no
hfstar/xtar is needed any more. I've tested this quite a bit and found
it to work nicely, although I haven't tested a full system recovery.

An update to
https://webserver.brandeis.edu/pages/view/Bio/AmandaMacOSXCompileNotes
or http://www.amanda.org/docs/systemnotes.html#id2526824 to reflect this
change might be nice.

Since Apple has retired init and xinetd and replaced them by launchd,
I've written a proper LaunchDaemon-File for it. It's attached to this
mail. I also have small scripts enableamanda and disableamanda to switch
it on and off at runtime using launchctl using a command like:

echo "load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.amanda.amandad.plist" |
launchctl

and

echo "unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.amanda.amandad.plist" |
launchctl

Thanks and keep up the great work!
--
Micha
I like Kaba!
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN"
"http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd";>
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
        <key>Disabled</key>
        <true/>
        <key>GroupName</key>
        <string>amanda</string>
        <key>InitGroups</key>
        <true/>
        <key>Label</key>
        <string>org.amanda.amandad</string>
        <key>ProgramArguments</key>
        <array>
                <string>/usr/local/fink/libexec/amandad</string>
        </array>
        <key>Sockets</key>
        <dict>
                <key>Listeners</key>