Hi,
We have recently added 6 AIX LPARs to the AMANDA configuration. We did
not have a problem configuring Amanda. It may be your gcc version that
is a problem. We have the following gcc installed.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]/opt/download/amanda-2.5.0p2]:> gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
Target: powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0
Configured with: ../configure --with-as=/usr/bin/as
--with-ld=/usr/bin/ld --disa
ble-nls --enable-languages=c,c++ --prefix=/opt/freeware
--enable-threads --enabl
e-version-specific-runtime-libs --host=powerpc-ibm-aix5.3.0.0
Thread model: aix
gcc version 4.0.0

We used the following command to configure

configure --with-user=root --with-group=backup --with-client
--disable-shared --with-gnutar-list

Mangala

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 02/21/07 6:29 PM >>>
Hello,

Does anybody run Amanda on AIX 5.2 ?

I try different binary packages, I compile the 2.5.1p3 sources, but
the
result is always the same : segmentation fault.

I am not an AIX guru, so I have no idea about the problem :
all amanda modules I try crashed immediately,
is it a lib problem ? I try the "LIBPATH" variable hoping it is like
SHLIB_PATH on HPUX, but with no success.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards

JP Pozzi