This is a known bug, which is fixed in latest snapshot from http://www.zmanda.com/community-builds.php

You have an exactly 32k bytes files in your holding disk, you must remove it.

Jean-Louis

Francesc Guasch wrote:
Hi. I migrated an old amanda server 2.4.5p1 to a new 2.5.1p1.
So I copied all the amanda dirs to the new server.

It worked fine some days, but now dumps get stucked in the
holding disks and it reports this error:

taper: FATAL Invalid partnum (1) > totalparts (0)
taper: FATAL writer: Syncpipe failure during buffer advance

Inspecting log files didn't give me more information, so I
don't know how to fix it.

I tried to amflush it with the same results, it looks like
nothing gets written in the tape. I searched google and the
mailing list archives unsuccessfully.

Any hints ? thank you very much.