I've subscribed to the list from my alternate email address now. 8-)

I have amdump running manually at the moment with the extra debugging
enabled. Looking through the debug output that's being recorded in the
'amdump' logfile in /var/adm/amanda/ORBnet on the tape host machine (which
is also a client), I'm finding some of these:

driver: result time 1073.796 from chunker1: TRY-AGAIN 01-00006 "[chunker
startup failed: error accepting stream: No such file or directory]"
rename_tmp_holding: open of
/amanda/dump/20070928130457/jedi._dev_dsk_c0t0d0s6.0.tmp failed: No such
file or directory

and I'm thinking about a possible permission error for /amanda/dump. Output
from 'ls -sal' shows:

   2 drwxr-sr-x   9 amanda   sys          512 Sep 28 13:04 dump

for the /amanda/dump directory and I'm wondering if that's correct? Could be
completely off track though the thought just crossed my mind so I figured
it's worth mentioning.

Once the amdump run has completed I'll either post the full amdump log as an
attachment or put it somewhere that it can be downloaded from the web (let
me know which would be better).

Craig.

--

Craig Dewick ([EMAIL PROTECTED]). http://lios.apana.org.au/~craig