Hi!

Amanda is running on my server since August 2009. I backup only one
ubuntu-client.
3 weeks ago I made a completely new installation on my ubuntu-client
using ubuntu karmic-koala. I installed amamda-client on this client and
restored all necessary files from my amanda-server. It works very well.
But now I want to backup my client like 3 weeks ago. The backup ends
with an error. This is the message:

Amanda Backup Client Hosts Check
--------------------------------
ERROR: NAK chef: user backup from knecht.fritz.box is not allowed to
execute the service noop: Please add "amdump" to the line
in /var/backups/.amandahosts on the client

I wonder where I have to add those lines? I've added it
in /var/lib/.amamdahosts, /var/backups/.amandahosts which is a symbolic
link to /etc/amandahosts. The error messages are still the same.
What can I do?

--
Best Regards

Thomas Wegner