I know nothing about Windows, and I was discussing something with someone
who is a lot more knowledgeable in that area that I. Which leads to this
question.

How dose the Zamanda Windows client know what to back up for other than a
level 0 backup? He thinks it might be that the manipulates the archive bit.
If this is the case, is it possible that running an Amanda backup could
cause problems for some other backup methodology?