From: Jean-Louis Martineau <martin...@zmanda.com>
Subject: Re: amrecover problem
To: "Yogesh Hasabnis" <yhmai...@yahoo.co.in>
Cc: amanda-users@amanda.org
Date: Monday, January 18, 2010, 8:53 PM

The recover protocol changed, you are still configured for the old protocol,
you can use it with the 'amoldrecover' command.
But you can also configure the server for the new protocol.

Yogesh Hasabnis wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> We are using amanda 2.5.2p1 in our setup. The backup server and the client
> are the same machine and the OS used RHEL 3. As I am trying to do an
> "amrecover -s <hostname> -t <hostname>" to recover a backed up folder, I get
> the following error:
>

> # amrecover -C tendaily -t <hostname> -s <hostname> -d /dev/nst0
> AMRECOVER Version 2.5.2p1. Contacting server on <hostname> ...
> NAK: amindexd: invalid service, add 'amindexd' as argument to amandad

Did you tried what it told you?
Add: server_args = -auth=bsd amdump amindexd amidxtaped
To the amanda service in xinetd

You can remove the amandaidx and amidxtaped service.

> I had a amrecover a few months ago and it had worked very well. The only
> thing that has changed recently is the amanda version. My
> /etc/xinetd.d/amanda file looks as follows:
> service amanda
> {
>     disable     = no
>     socket_type = dgram
>     protocol    = udp
>     wait        = yes
>     user        = amandabackup
>     group       = disk
>     groups      = yes
>     server      = /usr/lib/amanda/amandad
> }
> service amandaidx
> {
>     disable     = no
>     socket_type = stream
>     protocol    = tcp
>     wait        = no
>     user        = amandabackup
>     group       = disk
>     groups      = yes
>     server      = /usr/lib/amanda/amindexd
> }
>
> service amidxtape
> {
>     disable     = no
>     socket_type = stream
>     protocol    = tcp
>     wait        = no
>     user        = amandabackup
>     group       = disk
>     groups      = yes
>     server      = /usr/lib/amanda/amidxtaped
> }
>
> Can I get suggestions about what could be the problem ?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Yogesh

Jean-Louis