On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 4:32 AM, Gunnarsson, Gunnar
<gunnar.gunnars...@svk.se> wrote:
> amrestore and amfetchdump don't build correctly on my system -
>
>  # /opt/sfw/sbin/amrestore
> ld.so.1: amrestore: fatal: relocation error: file
> /opt/sfw/lib/amanda/librestore-2.6.1p2.so:
> symbol getconf_str: referenced symbol not found Killed
>
> #/opt/sfw/sbin/amfetchdump
> ld.so.1: amfetchdump: fatal: relocation error: file
> /opt/sfw/lib/amanda/librestore-2.6.1p2.so:
> symbol getconf_str: referenced symbol not found
>
> Other binaries seems to be working.

Odd!  getconf_str is a macro defined in conffile.h, so the linker
should never see it.

The reference is most likely from restore-src/restore.c, which doesn't
actually include conffile.h.  However, find.h includes diskfile.h
which includes conffile.h, so the macro definition should be available
all the same.

Can you try adding
#include "conffile.h"
after the amanda.h include in restore.c?  If that still doesn't work, please run
  make restore.i
and send me the resulting .i file (if it works - this particular trick
may be gcc-specific).

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer