Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Monday 08 March 2010, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Gene Heskett <gene.heskett < at >
> > verizon.net>
> >
> wrote:
>

> > > Be my guest if you have write privileges.
> > >

> > It's a wiki - everyone has write privileges (including, to my dismay,
> > spammers .. but I try to keep up with them).
> >
> > Please do add this to the wiki!
> >
> > Dustin
> >

> I would Dustin, but 2 questions:  Where do I put in, or can I make a new
> category?
>
> And 2, I don't see any edit buttons anyplace, security by obscurity I believe
> they call that.  So that seems to be a show stopper. :(
>
> --
> Cheers, Gene
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
>
> <netgod> Feanor: u have no idea of the depth of the stupidty of american law

I started an amtapetype earlier on the new drive, and it's still running now.

Writing 1024 Mbyte uncompresseable data: 31 sec
Estimated time to write 2 * 409600 Mbyte: 24800 sec = 6 h 53 min
wrote 12845056 32 Kb blocks in 98 files in 11738 seconds (No space left on
device)
wrote 3473408 32 Kb blocks in 53 files

that estimated time write is still high (i think) but the 'no space left on
device' is roughly about double the amount of seconds as it was when the tape
was only being filled 50%. So i think this is going to produce a proper
tapetype, if not a slow one.

So it could be a combination of things.. i'll know more tomorrow.