On Tuesday 09 March 2010, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
>On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 10:06 PM, Gene Heskett <gene.hesk...@verizon.net>
wrote:
>> Well, TBT Dustin, other than the rather terse ChangeLog, no one seems to
>> be using much ink bragging about the newest bells and whistles.  Some
>> timely article submissions to the review sites might let them know that
>> the old girl hasn't turned grey or started to have hot flashes.
>
>That's a good point!  A few folks have been working on that sort of
>thing, notably Chris Hoogendyk, but we could certainly use more
>publicity.  As the next release starts coming out (we should have a
>beta ready next week, when Jean-Louis is back in town), I'll try to
>make some noise.
>
>Any suggestions as to *where* I should do that would be appreciated --
>what "review sites" do you think would be useful?
>
>Dustin

Heck, I don't know.  Ars Technica for one, they seem to get a decent amount
of ink out of shlashdot at least.  That is my first stop for the news every
night, so any site that gets a mention there would be a good site to pester,
if that is the right term.  And of course a std recipe post to freshmeat and
Icewalkers would be good.  Kinda hard to fit a 30 second commercial into
either of those formats, but the real trick with either is the embedded link
that should come back to a page on Zmanda with the real spiel on it.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)

Meekness:  Uncommon patience in planning a revenge that is worth while.
-- Ambrose Bierce