Hello again,

unfortunately my dup2-problems reappeared after that one night when it
was working, I still have the same error on my machines.

so far I have only changed the entry in /etc/inetd.conf (I'm using
openbsd-inetd) from:
amanda dgram udp wait backup /usr/lib/amanda/amandad amandad -auth=bsd
amdump amindexd amidxtaped
to:
amanda dgram tcp wait backup /usr/lib/amanda/amandad amandad -auth=bsd
amdump amindexd amidxtaped
and of course restarted the inetd process.

Are there any other places I need to adapt when "completely switching
amanda to tcp"?
Is auth=bsdtcp mandatory?

Thanks you,

Volker