On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 2:01 PM, McGraw, Robert P <rmcg...@purdue.edu> wrote:
>   hertz /export/jumpstart lev 0  FAILED
> "[/local/amanda/amanda-2.6.1p2/libexec/amanda/runtar terminated with signal
> 11: see /tmp/amanda/client/archive/sendsize.20100503144020.debug]"

signal 11 is a segfault.  The last line of the 'runtar' logfile shows
that it invokes dbclose, and the very next statement is an execve,
which is failing.  I'm not sure exactly why this would be happening,
unless GNUTAR is undefined in your build?

Anyway, the segfault is either coming from the execve, or from the
debugging code that follows it.  However, I just forced an error from
execve, and the debugging code worked fine.  And I don't immediately
see anything wrong with it.

Try invoking runtar the same way that you see in the sendbackup
logfile (with suitable redirection of stdout), and see if it does the
same thing.  If so, try running it under 'truss' to see what is wrong
with the execve call.

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer