Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Brian Cuttler <br...@wadsworth.org> wrote:
We seem to be missing something in our config but I'm not finding
the key in the wiki. What should I be looking for ?

I'm guessing that amanda/tcp isn't in your services db?  On most
systems, that's /etc/services, but on Sun it might be via NIS or
something.

I've got it in /etc/services on Solaris 10 u7 SPARC.

But, Brian's been running Amanda on Solaris 10 for quite a while, and, I think, just adding the citrix virtual system as a client. So, it would seem the message is with reference to the specific client, and the configuration issue would be on that client.

I don't mean to question Dustin. Maybe Brian has set up a new Amanda server and missed this step? But, maybe the server tried to connect and got turned back because of "unknown protocol" at the other end?

--

Chris Hoogendyk

-
  O__  ---- Systems Administrator