On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 3:49 AM, Marc Muehlfeld
<marc.muehlf...@medizinische-genetik.de> wrote:
> header on 'KDD174' file 29 does not match expectations: got partnum '0';
> expected '1'
> Got no header and data from server, check in amidxtaped.*.debug and
> amandad.*.debug files on server

Ah, this is completely different error, but you've given me enough
info to replicate and fix it.  I've attached a source-level patch that
you can apply, but the better fix is at the C level (and will be in
3.1.1).

FYI, what's happened here is that, in Amanda-3.1, we no longer produce
dumps with the "DUMPFILE" header - every header is a "SPLIT_FILE"
header, even if it only has one part.  However, Amanda-2.6.* wrote
DUMPFILEs, and when those are read back in it looks like they have
partnum 0, which is not what amidxtaped is expecting.

Let me know if this patch works?  And *thanks* for your patience and testing!

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com