Hi All,

I had written to the list a little while ago regarding issues I was
having with pigz, and not being able to retrieve from a 2nd tape. I then
went on to test using normal gzip and retrieved from a 2nd tape without
issue.

However, I've now run a set with 7 tapes, and am having trouble
retrieving from them. I'm getting the "Not found in archive" message
even though the files show in the index.

This makes me think that maybe, after all, it was just my poor
configuration and not pigz that was causing the issues! Can anyone shed
any light on this or advise on how I can figure out why it thinks these
files aren't in the archive even though they are in the index? as
before, retrievals from the first tape work.

My config is as follows;

<----------

org "ORGBACKUP" # Title of report
mailto "m...@mail.net" # recipients of report, space separated
dumpuser "backup" # the user to run dumps under
inparallel 4 # maximum dumpers that will run in parallel
netusage 1000000 # maximum net bandwidth for Amanda, in KB per sec

# a filesystem is due for a full backup once every day
dumpcycle 0 days # the number of days in the fullback dump cycle
runspercycle 1    # daily full backups
runtapes 7

bumpsize 20 MB # minimum savings (threshold) to bump level 1 -> 2
bumpdays 1 # minimum days at each level
bumpmult 4 # threshold = bumpsize * (level-1)**bumpmult

tapedev "/dev/nst0" # Linux @ tuck, important: norewinding
tpchanger "chg-zd-mtx"
changerfile "/etc/amanda/ha/changer.conf"
changerdev "/dev/sg4"

tapetype LTO4 # what kind of tape it is (see tapetypes below)
labelstr "^ORGSNAPSHOT-[0-9][0-9]*$" # label constraint regex: all tapes
must match

holdingdisk hd1 {
    comment "main holding disk"
    directory "/tapehold"   # where the holding disk is
    use -1000 Mb     # how much space can we use on it
            # a non-positive value means:
            #        use all space but that value
    chunksize 1Gb   # size of chunk if you want big dump to be
            # dumped on multiple files on holding disks
            #  N Kb/Mb/Gb split images in chunks of size N
            #         The maximum value should be
            #         (MAX_FILE_SIZE - 1Mb)
            #  0          same as INT_MAX bytes
}

infofile "/etc/amanda/org/curinfo" # database directory
logdir "/etc/amanda/org/log" # log filename
indexdir "/etc/amanda/org/index"

define tapetype LTO4 {
    comment "HP LTO4"
    length 804191104 kbytes