Exit code to amgtar and amdump are not related.

Look at the amdump man page for exit code of amdump, you can filter the bit (16) you don't care about.

Jean-Louis

McGraw, Robert P wrote:
Running amanda-3.1.1

I am using the following to save on tape usage

flush-threshold-dumped 100 flush-threshold-scheduled 100 taperflush 100
#taperflush                    0
autoflush                     yes

If amdump does not meet the flush values it seems to return an exit code of 20
which is not really a problem but causes me problems when I check exit codes in
my script.

I see the amgtar EXIT-HANDLING parameter.

EXIT-HANDLING
    List which exit status of gtar are good or bad. eg. "1=GOOD 2=BAD", exit
status of 1 will produce a good backup, exit status of 2 will give an error.

My question:

If I include "EXIT-HANDLING" "20=GOOD" in the amgtar definition will amdump not
return an exit code of 20 but all the other exit codes will still be returned?

Thanks

Robert

Robert P. McGraw, Jr.
Manager, Computer System                    EMAIL: rmcg...@purdue.edu
Purdue University                            ROOM: MATH-807
Department of Mathematics                   PHONE: (765) 494-6055
150 N. University Street West Lafayette, IN 47907-2067