Robert,

Thanks - will see about that on monday, but this is not a
new process for us, just "another client", we have been
using zfs-snapshots for, I forget how long.

Maybe I'll try, now that I the pre-reqs installed, installing
my 2.6.1p1 client and see if I can differentiate that way.
We where ok on all other systems, it just seem to be in the
amanda 3.1.1 client side of things.

                                                good weekend,

                                                Brian

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 05:00:26PM -0400, McGraw, Robert P wrote:
> We are also running Solaris 10 x86 zfs. I am wondering if you are seeing the
> same problem.
>
> From what I read the zfs_snapshot api call amgtar.
>
> There is a bug in gtar in how it handles .zfs
>

> 1) Search the zmanda archive for "runtar error that I do not understand"
>
> 2) Look at the bug reported to gtar group
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-tar/2010-07/msg00035.html that Chapman
> Flack reported.
>
> If this is it I can tell you how I haved resolved the problem until gtar gets
> patched.
>
> Robert

---