Gunnar,

Hum, we had /tmp file create issues too... I never did figure out
why and assumed something anomalous on our system. It was an old
system, old enough that it was 5 years EOL and off the HW contract.

I don't recall which user ran amanda for us, likely 'bin' and it
was an older version. I'd forgotten about those errors... they
didn't seem to make any long term  difference and our backups ran ok.

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 03:18:53PM +0200, Gunnarsson, Gunnar wrote:

> Yes it worked out well in the end. I had one Solaris issue that ufsdump
> complained about not being
> able to create some directory see below but this disappeared when file system
> was mounted. I guess it's some
> kind of security issue as backup is run not by root.
>
> sendbackup: 115: strange(?): Unable to create temporary directory in any of
> the directories listed below:
> sendbackup: 115: strange(?):  /tmp/
> sendbackup: 115: strange(?):  /var/tmp/
> sendbackup: 115: strange(?):  /
> sendbackup: 115: strange(?): Please correct this problem and rerun the
> program.
>

> >I believe the short answer is "yes".
>
> >We had alternate boot roots on a FW system and used ufsdump to dump the
> >unmounted boot roots (as well as the >>active boot root). Since it was
> >umounted as specified the device string in the DLE, /dev/dsk/cX...
>

> On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 03:37:03PM +0200, Gunnarsson, Gunnar wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm backuping a busy UFS filesystem in Solaris,  fssnap can't be used
> > because it's not supported in SUN HA Cluster.
> > so I'm stuck with using submirrors and taken them offline/online. I do
> > this using amgtar and script tool. My question is can this be done using
> > dump instead.  I'm hoping that ufsdump is performing better than gtar on
> > this filesystem - more than 2 millions files.
> >
> > Thanks Gunnar Gunnarsson
> >
> ---
>    Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cutt...@wadsworth.org
>    Computer Systems Support        (v) 518 486-1697
>    Wadsworth Center                (f) 518 473-6384
>    NYS Department of Health        Help Desk 518 473-0773
>

> IMPORTANT NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or
> sensitive information which is, or may be, legally privileged or otherwise
> protected by law from further disclosure.  It is intended only for the
> addressee.  If you received this in error or from someone who was not
> authorized to send it to you, please do not distribute, copy or use it or any
> attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete
> this from your system. Thank you for your cooperation.

---