Hi, all,

I have used amanda 2.6.0p2 on my gentoo systems for a very long time
without any problems, but I have recently encountered a number of
issues:

1) all backups are failing with the following messages:

FAILURE DUMP SUMMARY:
 tobey /home             RESULTS MISSING
 tobey /etc              RESULTS MISSING
 tobey /var/lib/portage  RESULTS MISSING
 tobey /root             RESULTS MISSING
 tobey /usr/local        RESULTS MISSING
 tobey /export           RESULTS MISSING
 tobey /var/www          RESULTS MISSING
 tobey /var/lib/mysql    RESULTS MISSING
 driver: FATAL reading result from taper: Connection reset by peer

2) amcheck fails with the following message

ERROR:util.c:721:amanda_thread_init: assertion failed: (!g_thread_supported())

3)  Thinking that this state of affairs might be due to recent
upgrades in libraries amanda uses for support, I attempted an amanda
rebuild using the gentoo ebuild utility.  That also fails.  However, I
have been able to build amanda 2.6.0p2 from source using the standard
configure-make-make install commands.  This installation fails in the
same way that my gentoo installation fails.

Clearly something has broken on my system.  I have not changed
anything directly related to amanda, so I suspect that a change in
something it depends on has broken things.   According to some gentoo
utilities, amanda depends on glib at runtime, glib was upgraded at the
time of the backup failures, and g_thread_supported() appears to be a
glib function.  Any advice on how to proceed from here?  Thanks for
your help!

John Blinka