On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 2:55 PM, Gene Heskett <gene.hesk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dustin;  I changed to that syntax and amcheck objected to having both the
> tapedev and that sort of syntax in the tpchanger line unless I was using
> the old chg-disk, so I commented the tapedev line, and gave tpchanger the
> full path to my vtapes ":/amandatapes/Dailys", and amcheck was again happy.
> If that is not in the man pages yet (I didn't check yet) then it probably
> should be.  Stateing that as a path spec to where they are would be helpful
> to the newbie.
>
> Yeah, I'm still using the 3.2alpha snapshots, playing canary.  svn.3343
> ATM, worked fine last night with the old syntax.

Right - the "old syntax" still works, but let's try not to talk about
it in front of n00bs :)

In modifying the manpages, I tried to err on the side of the new
syntax, while still documenting the old syntax.  So amanda-changers(7)
says:

The preferred method of specifying configuration for a changer is as a
"changer" section in amanda.conf(5). The tapedev parameter then
indicates, by name, the changer that will be used by default by most
Amanda programs. For example:

I'll be happy to merge any suggested additions/modifications to the manpage.

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com