Hi Stefan and fellow amanda-users,

Catching up on my mail...

Just to confirm that you may post the script.
Anybody even use it and adapt it to his needs.
It's free software (as in "free beer" and in "free speech").

Although the script is a bit dated for the current amanda...
(Still need to catch up on that too.)

On 2010-08-27 21:14, Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
Am 27.08.2010 20:11, schrieb Jon LaBadie:
I am thinking of backing up some DLEs that are fairly
active from a snapshot rather than from the filesystem
directly.  I looked for documentation on doing this
but could find none, nor any HowTo's.

Anyone know of any docs on backing up from snapshots?
(and the receprocal restore :)

I use a script written by our fellow amanda-user Paul Bijnens (thanks
again!). I only slightly modified it regarding XFS.

This script is from times when amanda had no script-API, so it would
maybe be time to somehow rewrite it ...

Right now I run it in advance of the actual amdump via crontab.

I assume Paul would allow me to share the script (maybe it has been
posted on-list already?) ... Paul? ;-)

Stefan

--
Paul Bijnens, Xplanation                            Tel  +32 16 397.525
Interleuvenlaan 86, B-3001 Leuven, BELGIUM          Fax  +32 16 397.552