(starting a new thread)

On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Gunnarsson, Gunnar
<gunnar.gunnars...@svk.se> wrote:
> Hi Dustin,
>
> A script-tool application for running script taking parameters such as path
> to script, PFEXEC or SUDO and when to run etc
>
> define script-tool amplugin-script {
> plugin  "amplugin-script"
> property "script" "path to script to run"
> property PFEXEC" "YES"
> property "SUDO" "no"
> execute-on pre-dle-backup,pre-dle-amcheck,post-dle-backup
> }
>
> Tailored backup script could then more easily being intergraded into amanda
> dump types.

Taking those in turn:

The script paths are limited for security reasons.  The Amanda
protocol's security is pretty minimal, so a facility to run an
arbitrary executable is dangerous.

pfexec/sudo - I'm not sure Amanda should get into the business of
running scripts via these utilities.

Would it be possible, to solve both of these, to write a simple "stub"
script like

#! /bin/sh
exec /path/to/my/script

or even

#! /bin/sh
pfexec --pfexec-params /path/to/my/script

If I've misunderstood, let me know.

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer