On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 8:30 PM, Stephen Corbesero <corbes...@ptd.net> wrote:
> If I kill the taper process, everything shuts down "normally", but the
> email says there was a taper protocol error and nothing was written.
>
> I turned on taper_debug in my amanda.conf, but that didn't seem to
> produce any extra output. I have also snooped around various log
> files, but I don't see any clues.

If you can run gdb or the equivalent on the "hung" taper process, and
send the backtrace, that would be helpful.

You'll want to use the 'info threads' command in gdb to figure out
what threads are active, and then the 'thread' command to switch to
each one and the 'backtrace' command to generate a backtrace for it.

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com