This may be a little late, but it would be nice to have a switch on
most status, etc. utils to format the output for texting to a mobile
device rather than email.

According to Verizon's website, the 160 char limit on text messages is
as follows:

The 160 character limit includes the sender's email address (if
applicable), the composed message and, if provided, the subject and
callback number.

It seems that sending an email to a device that only supports text
messages results in char-length-of-email/160 text messages. This can
add up if one has to pay per message or has a set limit of "free"
messages.

Output formatted for texting might be sent only when there was an
error detected or might only include limited summary info depending on
the script being run.

Kind Regards,
Chris