On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 3:17 AM, Titl Erich <erich.t...@ruf.ch> wrote:
> A few weeks ago I reported in the forum a problem with amrecover and
> compressed dump files. Meanwhile I changed to uncompressed backup, still no
> luck and, unfortunately not much replies either. So please bear with me when
> I repeat this here.

No worries about the repetition - this mailing list is the more
actively-monitored spot.

My first guess is that Amanda is not seeking to the required file
appropriately.  Can you let us know what OS you're using, what type of
tape, and also send along the amrecover debug log file from the client
and the amidxtaped debug log file (with matching datestamp) from the
server?

Have a look at the FSF_AFTER_FILEMARK property in amanda-devices(7),
as that's my first guess for what's going wrong.

Dustin

--
Open Source Storage Engineer
http://www.zmanda.com