On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 01:01:52AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Tuesday, September 28, 2010 12:48:54 am Jon LaBadie did opine:
>
> > Has anyone attempted to create selinux ?rules/policies?
> > suitable for an amanda installation?
> >
> > After installing user "amandabackup" with a home dir
> > of /var/lib/amanda, I get a lot of warning notices
> > about how an ordinary user app should not need to
> > be accessing things in /var.  Never mind that it
> > is accessing things in its own home directory :)
> >
> > Jon
>
> I have run that headache of and on for 2 or 3 years Jon, and IMO, it is a
> solution in search of a problem that has been disabled in my local kernel
> builds since at least a year ago.  There is a mailing list for it on the
> fedora site where the advice is generally spot on.
> It has 3 modes, off (0), permissive(1) where it reports as if it has denied
> so and so but allows it anyway, and enforcing(3) where it actually works.
>
> The first thing to do is touch /.autorelabel and reboot.  It will attempt to
> relabel things.

Yeah, I'm using permissive mode on the one Fedora box.

> But I have no idea about /var/lib/amanda as a home dir.  I have amanda's
> home dir in /home/amanda.
>
> Are you building from tarballs, or package manager compatible, like rpms or
> debs?

I went the ?easier? way this time and got the prebuilt binaries.
They create user "amandabackup" with home dir /var/lib/amanda.

Including appropriate selinux policies for Fedora builds might
be another feature enhancement request or "nitpick".

Jon
--
Jon H. LaBadie                  j...@jgcomp.com
 JG Computing