On Wednesday, September 29, 2010 12:36:54 am Dustin J. Mitchell did opine:

> On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 10:19 PM, Gene Heskett <gene.hesk...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Like run a catchup loop of at least 2 runs?  Or just plain "amdump
> > test" by hand and see what falls out for two runs?
>
> No, no amdump, no amflush.  Just amtape (which worked for your main
> config) and amcheck (which didn't), checking the data link in between.
>  Find the underlying pattern, so we can map that pattern to a
> solution.
>
> Dustin

There appears to be tracking, I did 'amtape test slot next' all the way
around to slot-1 again and everything worked, however all tapes are "new"
so amcheck is happy with any tape as indicated by its following the data
link without ever searching for the 'next usable tape'.  Maybe its late,
but it seems we haven't learned anything.

Now, if I switch configs look at Dailys, I have a data link to slot-5, left
by an experiment earlier today with amtape, but amcheck says it will be
using slot-2 in about 3 minutes.  Yup, the first dump written went to
Dailys-2 according to amstatus.  And the 'data' link is still set to
slot-5.

Call this canary that sings double bass puzzled.  Nap time, amanda will do
what amanda does.  If I've got the wrappers fixed, it will work.

And I went to bed w/o sending.  My fixes worked.  Every thing went into
slot2(Dailys-2). And data still points at slot5,

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)