Hi,

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010, Christ Schlacta wrote:

On 9/29/2010 11:24 AM, Dustin J. Mitchell wrote:
On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 12:48 PM, Christian Kratzer<ck-li...@cksoft.de> wrote:
it looks like I might have found the problem.  Both windows hosts had
the shadow copy service disabled.  I startetd the service and will check
tomorrows full dumps.
Can you post some info to the wiki about how to check and enable VSS?

Dustin

and how to enable the service remotely before starting amanda, as well, and possibly disable it afterward ?

why do you not want to leave it running ?

I started the Shadow copy service from services.msc and also set the
service to start automatically. It seems the machines required a boot before shadow copies are avaialble as the overnight dumps were corrupted again.

I rebooted both machines bumped the disks in amanda and will check back
tomorrow morning if the overnight dumps are usable.

I will summarize to the list and to the wiki once I have this figured out.

Greetings
Christian

--
Christian Kratzer                      CK Software GmbH
Email:   c...@cksoft.de                  Schwarzwaldstr. 31