Hi,

We are trying to setup Amanda for 1 client behind a firewall with Auth SSH for
the first time. The machines behind the firewall are all NATed. The firewall
will not allow us to port redirect port 22. As a result, all the machines
behind
the firewall have non-standard SSH port numbers. For example, the machine we're
trying to backup with Amanda uses Port 1026. On the Amanda Server, as User
Amanda, we have create a /home/amanda/.ssh/config . This file contains the
following lines :

Host Name-of-Firewall
Port 1026

Using SSH from the command line,we are able to "ssh name-of-firewall", which
logs us onto the desired Amanda client (behind firewall). We have created the
appropriate keys and authorized_keys file to allow this login to not prompt for
a password. We've configured Amanda for Auth SSH as described in the Amanda
manual (Chapter 17).

Questions:
Does Auth SSH on Amanda honor the ~/.ssh/config file for Amanda on the Server?

Is Amanda totally tunneled through the SSH tunnel?

If the answer to question 1 is 'no' then how can we config Amanda to use auth
SSH to use a non-standard SSH port?