Robert Heller wrote:
How do I bind a specific tapetype to a changer and implement different
*sized* virtual tapes?  Amcheck seems to insist I specify a single
*global* tapetype that is used for all changers.  Is this really how
things work?
yes. A few global parameters should be in the changer definition, tapetype is one of them. It is already in my TODO list.
  Is it thus *impossible* to use a different sized 'tape' in
a changer used by amvault?
Specify -otapetype=XXXX on the amvault command line.
Also what does this error message really mean:

amcheck-device: Changer 'defaultchanger' specifies invalid tpchanger
'file:/backupdisk/60villagedrive/slots'
This is a device specification, it is not a changer specification.

Jean-Louis