We are running Amanda 3.2.0 on three CentOS 5.5 systems.

We have one large (1.5TB total) file system for data (/data), three
100meg /boot file systems (one on each machine) and three ~100G root
(/) file systems (one on each machine).

We are using a 2TB USB disk for backup storage, with a disk-based
(virtual) tape changer.  The tape changer is set up to have 200GB
'tapes' with a chunksize of 50GB.  We are using a 7-day backup cycle and
are using 1 tape per run.

Amanda does a full backup of the /data on one day of the week and then
does level one backups for the rest of the week.  It does a level one
backup of the other 6 disks on the day it does the full of /data, and
then does full backups of the other 6 disks on the other 6 days.

Why does Amanda make so many full backups?  Is there a configuation
parameter we need to set to change this?

--
Robert Heller             -- 978-544-6933 / hel...@deepsoft.com