Good afternoon!

First post to the group, and am VERY new to Amanda, so please be gentle. :)

I've inherited an Amanda setup that includes a central server (FreeBSD 4.10) running Amanda 2.6.1p1, and several clients running Amandad with the same version number, all writing to a DST tape drive via SCSI.

Everything has been working fine, until recently (hence my post here), when the server was upgraded to FreeBSD 8.1, and an external HDD attached at /home3/ for the Amanda holdingdisks.

Everything seems to be working fine (surprising, given the large jump in OS, yes) with regular incremental and even our weekly and Monthly runs going off successfully. But now one of my DLE's for the Amanda server itself shows an error ("/usr lev 0 FAILED [disk /usr, all estimate failed]") in the daily report, even though the selfcheck.*.debug file shows no errors, and an amcheck command shows no problems.

We are using tar to perform the dump, since it obeys an exclude file listing for certain directories.

What information can I offer to assist you with assisting me?

Again, I'm a newbie, so please forgive if I missed something obvious.

Thanks!
~~Mike