Hello,

after performing testing of my HP Ultrium 448 drive with:

amtapetype -f /dev/nst0

I got the following result:

Checking for FSF_AFTER_FILEMARK requirement
Applying heuristic check for compression.
Wrote random (uncompressible) data at 21864712.2580645 bytes/sec
Wrote fixed (compressible) data at 50207857.7777778 bytes/sec
Compression: enabled
Writing one file to fill the volume.
Wrote 203994431488 bytes at 22522 kb/sec
Got LEOM indication, so drive and kernel together support LEOM
Writing smaller files (2039939072 bytes) to determine filemark.
define tapetype unknown-tapetype {
    comment "Created by amtapetype; compression enabled"
    length 199213312 kbytes
    filemark 207 kbytes
    speed 22522 kps
    blocksize 32 kbytes
}
# for this drive and kernel, LEOM is supported; add
#   device-property "LEOM" "TRUE"
# for this device.

However, when comparing the above result with the entries at
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Tapetype_definitions#Hewlett-Packard_Ultrium_448
I see that all of 'em have: "filemark 0 kybtes", while I got "filemark
207 kbytes"

What do you think, iow. shall I use the one arrived after amtapetype
testing?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
“In the material world, conceptions of good and bad are
all mental speculations…” (Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu)

http://atmarama.net | Hlapicina (Croatia) | GPG: CDBF17CA