Hi,

I'm trying to setup amanda to backup a Nexenta system. I'm using
amanda-enterprise on both amanda server and nexenta. We want to use
amzfs-sendrecv to backup ZFS volume. For easy configuration we're using
ZMC on the server side.

Currently we're running into a problem where the zvol can't be backed up
by amzfs-sendrecv because it's not recognized:

ERROR: 10.2.2.11: df: (/dev/zvol/rdsk/VOLUME1/AMANDA1) not a block
device,
directory or mounted resource
ERROR: 10.2.2.11: cannot open '@': invalid dataset name
ERROR: 10.2.2.11: unknown response:
ERROR: 10.2.2.11: Application 'amzfs-sendrecv': exited with status 1
Client check: 1 host checked in 7.449 seconds. 4 problems found.

It's probably because 'df' doesn't list the volume and then the entire
script fails.

It would be nice if i could get things up and running this weekend, but
unfortunately because of the time difference i can't contact Zmanda
support just yet (probably only monday evening my time). So i'm trying
my luck here.

I've noticed that Nick Smith was working on a modified version of
amzfs-snapshot that would probably suit my needs perfectly:

http://old.nabble.com/Backup-using-ZFS-snapshots-on-OpenSolaris-td20107611.html

But i can't find anything more about it.

If anyone has some helpful information, i would be most grateful.

Kind regards,

Léon