Can you alaborate on what you did to fix this? What permission is missing? What
did you change? The client or the server?
--
Thanks,
Adi Spivak

Debra Baddorf <badd...@fnal.gov> wrote:

One problem I had early on,  which you might be having:

When amanda starts a backup,  the connection is held open for XX amount of time.

The client can reply back on that same connection ..... unless it takes longer
than that

to collect its data and get started.   That could change as the data increases
in size.

If the initial connection is no longer open,  the client has to start a NEW
connection

back to the server.

  On my machines, that required a different level of privilege than using a
connection

that the server had started.  My client didn't have connection to initiate a
connection.

Took us a while to find and fix that....

Deb Baddorf

Fermilab