Quoting Szakolczi Gábor <szakolczi.ga...@lib.pte.hu> on Wed, 23 May 2012 09:52:54 +0200 (CEST):

Hi!

I deleted the /var/lib/amanda/gnutar-lists directory unfortunately, but I have the backup files. Is it possible to recreate the files in the gnutar-lists directory from the backup files?

Hello Gábor,

this is my cron job on every host using gnutar to survive in case of accidental deletion or modification:

# Backup of --listed-incremental files for GNU tar
32 15 * * * tar cf gnutar-lists_amandates.tar amandates gnutar-lists

Just for the first time:
(umask 077; touch gnutar-lists_amandates.tar)

For your case: use your backup to recreate the gnutar-lists directory and Amanda / GNU tar will backup using this state.