Am 29.03.2013 06:30, schrieb Kamil Jońca:
As far I know amanda does not do full dump when no tape (vtape in my
case) is not available.
Is there any way to force it?
If not what is the rationale for this?

(I would prefer keep disk with vtapes as short as possible turned on)
KJ

Hm,

what about RTFM ?

;-)

especialy "man amanda.conf",
where in the section about "global parameters", it tells you
something about the parameter "reserve int", which defaults to "100",
as to reserve 100% of holdingdisk-space for incremental backups if no tape
is online.
If you set this parameter to eg 10, amanda will happily do full dumps to the
holdingdisk until ist is filled up to 90% and use the rest for incermentals
only.

hope that helps
and happy easter to everyone
Christoph