I'd thought for both ZFS and the newer (LTO) tape drives
that HW-compression was determined on a block by block
basic (if enabled) so that expansion of data would not occur.

Granted, this does nothing to help with on CPU usage, but I'd
thought it did save, rather, preserve, storage volume.

---
   Brian R Cuttler                 brian.cutt...@wadsworth.org